Drop Your Boss Wellington
Published Sept. 2, 2016, 11:54 a.m.
Watch the video from 2015 here
Drop Your Boss 2016
Friday 30 September will see Wellington ‘Bosses’ drop off the Harcourts Building in the annual 'Drop Your Boss' to raise funds towards the re-introduction of the Kiwi Can Programme to the Wellington Region.
- Join Nick Leggett - Mayor of Porirua in this years drop!
- Drop Your Boss is a unique, FUN fundraiser which challenges Graeme Dingle Foundation Wellington Corporate Partners and Business Leaders to nominate their Boss to Drop off an iconic Wellington building – The Harcourts building.
- Management and staff are asked to fundraise a minimum of $1,000 to see their Boss dropped!
- With an event target of $20,000 this is our biggest fundraiser of the year and all funds raised will support the work the Graeme Dingle Foundation in transforming young lives forever
- This is a perfect opportunity for businesses to engage their people in supporting the Graeme Dingle Foundation, while having some fun with their staff. Bosses are asked to challenge other businesses to join in
- Staff, family and friends are invited to come along and witness their Boss literally ‘go over the edge’ of the nominated building – all in the community spirit of the Graeme Dingle Foundation
- The Graeme Dingle Foundation will help set up each Boss with a givealittle fundraising page where all participants can see their own and other bosses fundraising efforts grow daily. This increases the ‘challenge’ and creates healthy competition within our family of Corporate Partners
- All supporters will be assisted with ways in which to raise more and we will send all participants a Fundraising kit with tips and ideas
- Drop Your Boss is a part of a wider Graeme Dingle Foundation awareness campaign throughout the year and receives a broad range of media attention; giving ‘Bosses’ a feel-good public profile while actively supporting the Graeme Dingle Foundation and the young people of New Zealand.
History of Drop Your Boss
In 2013 Drop Your Boss had its inaugural event in Marlborough when it was decided the organisation needed a unique and quirky fundraiser which would challenge the business community in a way that our programme kids are challenged daily.
The life experiences our youth face regularly are fraught with difficulties so in order to replicate that feeling of going out of their comfort zone, Drop Your Boss evolved. For a corporate partner, Boss, to experience that moment as they are ‘dropped’ will help them better understand what our young people feel.
Our aim is to have our young people transition through our school based programmes from Kiwi Can, Stars and Career Navigator ages 5 – 18 as a transformational journey that sets them up with a strong platform for adult life and a career.
A key part in the success of our programmes is based on challenging participants to change their perceptions of what they think they can achieve - which makes this unique and novel fundraising event a great fit.
Drop Your Boss is run successfully in Auckland, Canterbury, Marlborough, Waikato and Bay of Plenty with more Community Partner regions taking up the challenge each year. This is fast becoming an annual national event where we recognise our young people and have some fun at the same time.
Opportunities for Graeme Dingle Foundation Wellington supporters
Drop Your Boss provides a number of opportunities for Graeme Dingle Foundation supporters, including:
Media promotion: we are hoping to have TV, radio and press coverage
Staff engagement: encouraging the whole team to get behind their fearless leader – the event runs over the lunchtime period to make this as easy as possible.
Drop Your Boss is the Graeme Dingle Foundation Wellington’s flagship fundraising event! It will take place from the top of the heritage classified Harcourts Building in Lambton Quay, Wellington on 30 September 2016!
You can help the Graeme Dingle Foundation Wellington raise funds for our youth programmes by “dropping your boss” (by abseil) in the city centre! Each boss aims to raise more than $1000.
To take part or for more information on how to get your own boss involved, call us on 027 577 2070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop Your Boss 2016 will raise funds towards the Kiwi Can programme that will be re-introduced to the Wellington region in 2017.